Pediatrics Question #47
Which fine motor skill(s) will a nurse assess as being age appropriate for a 9-month-old? (Select
all that apply.)
- Uses pincer grasp appropriately.
- Moves a block between hands.
- Picks up a stuffed animal.
- Picks up large finger foods.
- Turns one page at a time in a book.
The correct answers are A, B, C, and D. Using the pincer grasp, moving a block between hands, picking up a stuffed animal, and picking up larger finger foods are age appropriate fine motor skills for a 9 month old. A 9 month old can not yet turn a book one page at a time. That motor skill is obtained between 12-18 months.