Cardiac Question #35
A client with coronary artery disease (CAD) requires education on risk factors that can be controlled or modified. Which of the risk factors will the nurse indicate that are controlled or modified?
- Gender, obesity, family history, and smoking
- Genetics, smoking, inactivity, and gender
- Drinking alcohol, stress, gender, and smoking
- Obesity, inactivity, diet, and smoking
- Obesity, stress, genetics, and ethnicity
Risk factors of obesity, inactivity, diet, and smoking are modifiable or controlled. Other choices include non-modifiable or uncontrolled factors such as gender, genetics, and ethnicity.